Friday, July 23, 2010

Neighbors

With the vast amount of students (especially med students) and other sorts of "young professionals" said to be living in my neighborhood (Hillsboro Village), I was hoping I might meet some neighbors at similar points in their lives who I could become friendly with. And while there are certainly these young-like-me folks around (in my building and in my neighborhood), my friendliest neighbor is a new, young-ish (60's probably) active grandmother who lives next door. She and her husband were displaced by the flood and are staying in the neighboring apartment unit while their house is being repaired. We've chatted lots about our abutting flower gardens (and she has graciously been trying to revive our dying flowers with her Miracle Grow) and she repeatedly tells us to let her know if we ever need anything. She's also asked about the transition to Tennessee and is a great one-woman welcoming committee for Nashville. I'm very thankful for her presence. Next week she is off to an extended family vacation on an obscure Florida location that I'm very familiar with, and I'm going to water her garden. It's the least I can do for my so-far friendliest and most generous neighbor.

Currently about to watch last night's Boston Med. Also, had some amazing chai from one of those single-serve coffee makers at work today. Om nom nom.

0 comments: