Wednesday, December 3, 2008

While You Were Out...

So lately, as the semester winds down, I've been trying to think about what's been new this semester on campus so that those returning next semester can be prepared. Here's what I've come up with so far:
- With the giant first-year class, new Commons is even crazier than last year at the prime times (noon and 6pm.) There's not a giant line to get in, but you might not find a seat once you get it.
- Pgill G21 (windowless one straight across from the main stairs) got new carpet

Really big changes, right? Ha. And then, I woke up to rumors of a giant jacket, and then spotted it, right outside the side door of Pgill:



I quote from an announce, "The Committee on Public Art announces the arrival of Sui Jianguo’s Sculpture Legacy Mantle (Mao Jacket) on the Bates Walk. The work is on loan for one year."

So, I guess that's what's new here: a giant bronze article of communist clothing.




PS- I had my last Theoretical Soc class today and got sad it was over. Well, I'd be more sad if I didn't have to write a 20 page paper for that class in the next week. Finals next week -- whee!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA communists.